Like to workout with music?
Then you need wireless earbuds.
But not just any old pair of wireless earbuds, you want the best sweat resistant wireless earbuds
We’ll review those here.
We recommend exercising with music – it makes you work harder, and it is more fun. And more fun means you are likely to stick with it.
Here’s the earbuds we are going to review in this article.
Be sure to read the whole article to understand the pros and cons of each.
Plantronics BackBeat FIT 2100 Earbuds
- SAFETY: Stay visible in the dark with the reflective finish and train safer with Always Aware eartips that are designed to let in ambient sound, allowing you to simultaneously listen to music and hear your surroundings
- COMFORTABLE DESIGN: BackBeat FIT wireless headphones have a soft, flexible and secure-fit earloop design that provides a comfortable fit and remains stable during your most rigorous workouts
- LONG LASTING BATTERY: Bluetooth headphones have up to seven hours of wireless power so you can move more and charge less
- WATERPROOF AND SWEATPROOF: IP57 rated durable, sweatproof and waterproof design protects the earphones from sweat, rain, and spills and can withstand your most rigorous workouts
- MY TAP: New My Tap offers feature customization through the Plantronics BackBeat app. Set a timer, start a stopwatch or select your favorite playlist directly from your earbuds without ever interrupting your workout
Plantronics is a name brand that is well known in the headphone and earbud market space.
They have been making these sort of devices for years – and it shows.
The BackBeat Fit line of earbuds are a great choice.
First, they are great earbuds.
Second, they are IP57 water resistant rated – which means you are not going to kill these with water – whether sweat, rain, or anything else liquid.
These also stay put thanks to secure-fit eartips and a neckband.
The “loop over the ear” design ensures these will stay fit – especially if you have problems with other styles of earbuds staying in place.
Bose SoundSport Wireless Headphones
- A high quality audio experience, consistently balanced at any volume, thanks to Bose active EQ. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Wireless convenience, with easy Bluetooth and NFC pairing aided by voice prompts
- Exclusive Stay Hear+ tips keep the headphones comfortably in place during workouts
- Sweat and weather resistance for reliability while exercising
- Up to 6 hours battery life per charge. Please refer the User Guide before use
Bose is known for killer sound quality.
And while it is hard for an earbud to compete with an “over the ear” style headphone – these are still pretty good.
These are sweat and weather resistant – and will go the mile.
These are IPX4 rated, with a 6 hour battery life – which is really good considering the size of these earbuds – they are tiny.
And here’s something great – they’ve got a pulse model that includes a heart rate monitor (HRM) function.
- Built-in heart rate sensor makes it easy to track your performance. Connectivity Technology: Wireless
- Bluetooth and NFC pairing so you can connect to your devices wirelessly
- StayHear+ Pulse tips provide a secure and stable fit for your most intense workouts.Sound sport pulse wireless headphones do not employ noise reduction technology. To ensure an accurate reading, the sensor window (located on the left earbud) should be in contact with the skin. If the sensor stops providing a heart rate measurement, try adjusting the left earbud and verifying bluetooth connection to your device. If that doesn't restore function, wipe the sensor window with a damp cloth
- The Bose Connect app gives you real-time heart rate readings, and continually adds more functionality to your headphones;If the sensor stops providing a heart rate measurement, try adjusting the left earbud and verifying Bluetooth connection to the device. If that doesn't restore function, wipe the sensor window with a damp cloth
- Works with popular fitness apps like MapMyRun, RunKeeper, Endomondo and Runtastic. Wireless range up to 30 feet. Five hours of wireless power from the rechargeable lithium-ion battery
Raycon E50 True Wireless Bluetooth Headphones
- 🎧 THE TRUE WIRELESS EXPERIENCE | Welcome to cutting-edge technology in true wireless audio with the Raycon E50 ear buds! Sporting the latest Bluetooth 5.0, they connect seamlessly with all Bluetooth enabled devices up to 30 feet away. Thanks to its Easy Pairing Technology, they automatically connect to your device. The result? Hassle-free headphones that play consistently and clearly ... and there's never a wire in sight.
- 🎧 25 HOURS OF QUALITY SOUND - CHARGE ON THE GO | The Raycon E50 wireless earbuds can last for over 5 hours playtime on a single charge. The compact charging case boasts a built-in 750mAh battery that can charge your earbuds up to 5 times while on the go when fully charged; That's 25 hours total! You can go through a whole day of non-stop usage without any power shortage!
- 🎧 LIGHTWEIGHT, SECURE & COMFORTABLE FIT | The Raycon E50 earbuds are so light that you will forget that you are wearing them! Find your personal fit with the E50's 6 different sized soft silicone gel tips. They are ergonomically designed to ensure a secure fit while guaranteeing fatigue-free ears and long-lasting comfort. That's one small gel tip for man, one giant leap for true wireless earphones!
- 🎧 NOISE CANCELLING EARBUDS | Cancel out outside noise to focus on your workout for great sound quality whether you are listening to music or making a phone call. Thanks to its lossless HD rendering and passive noise-cancellation technology the E50s produce incredible sound quality with crystal crisp treble.
- 🎧 IPX4 WATERPROOF | Built for your active lifestyle the Raycon E50s boast an IPX4 Water-resistant and sweat-resistant coating efficiently protects from sweat and ensures more guaranteed life span, perfect for running, jogging, hiking, yoga, exercises, gym, fitness, travelling.
The Raycon E50 True Wireless Bluetooth Headphones are another great option for workout earbuds.
These are IPX4 rated water resistant – which means they are great for sweaty workouts.
They also claim to do noise cancelation – but be aware this is passive noise cancelation – not the much more effect active noise cancelation.
Noise cancelation is a great feature because it makes these a great option for drowning out background noise with the music of your workout.
It also means you don’t have to pump the volume up so high to hear your own music.
And that’s better for your hearing over the long term.
These will work with Android or iPhone.
- Totally wireless high-performance earphones
- Up to 9 hours of listening time (more than 24 hours with charging case)
- Adjustable, secure-fit earhooks for lightweight comfort and stability
- Reinforced design for sweat & water resistance during tough workouts
- Volume & track controls on each earbud, voice capability, and Auto Play/Pause
Want great sound quality, sweat and water resistance, and a wireless headphone that will stay put even during your toughest HIIT workout?
Then you might want to check out the new Powerbeats pro headphones.
They are not cheap, but they are very nice.
This is a very new item, so stock is limited.
- Automatically on, automatically connected
- Easy setup for all your Apple devices
- Quick access to Siri by saying "Hey Siri"
- Double-tap to play or skip forward
- New Apple H1 headphone chip delivers faster wireless connection to your devices
Apple doesn’t claim that Apple Airpods are water proof, or even water resistant.
But – these earbuds are incredibly durable.
Anecdotally, people have put them through the washing machine, submerged in water, and more – and they still work.
Given that, they are certainly water resistant enough for a super-sweaty workout.
NOTE: The charging case will fail if exposed to water.
Also – if you should happen to drop the airpod earbud itself they are quite resistant to drop damage as well.
Apple Airpods sound great, work great, and they are tough – it’s a winning combination.
The downside? They are expensive, and only work with Apple iOS and MacOS devices.
But, if that is what you’ve got, these are a great option.
In Summary – Best Sweat Resistant Wireless Earbuds
Music makes working out better.
But a poor pair of earbuds isn’t going to help – it will be a distraction.
You need something that looks good, works well, and sounds excellent.
We recommend sweat and water resistant wireless earbuds – look for IPX4 rating whenever possible.
We hope these options help to make your workout better.