NOTE: This is a previous week’s workout – click here for the CrossFit Open Workout 20.5.
The second workout of the CrossFit Open 2020 has been announced.
This is the second of 5 weekly workouts for the CrossFit Open 2020.
The CrossFit Open Workout 20.2 details are below.
CrossFit Open Workout 20.2 : Rx
Complete as many rounds as possible in 20 minutes of:
4 dumbbell thrusters
Use 35 lb dumbbells for women, and 50 lb dumbbells for men.
This is scored by total number of reps.
Here’s some elite scores from the announcement video feed:
Carol-Ann Reason-Thibault — 928 reps (27 + 10)
Carolyne Prevost — 830 reps (24 + 14)
Matt McLeod — 899 reps (26 + 15)
Khan Porter — 857 reps (25 + 7)
Remember, scores must be submitted by 8pm Eastern/5pm Pacific on Monday October 21st.
Please reference the official CrossFit Open Rules as needed.
Official movement standards:
See more details at the Scorecard page for Open Workout 20.2.
Here’s some tips on movement and correct form.
Toes to Bar:
CrossFit Open Workout 20.2: Scaled (Scaled Ages 16-54)
Women: 20-lb. DBs, hanging knee-raises, single-unders
Men: 35-lb. DBs, hanging knee-raises, single-unders
CrossFit Open Workout 20.2: Teenagers 14-15
Women: 20-lb. DBs
Men: 35-lb. DBs
CrossFit Open Workout 20.2: Scaled Teenagers 14-15
Women: 15-lb. DBs, hanging knee-raises, single-unders
Men: 20-lb. DBs, hanging knee-raises, single-unders
CrossFit Open Workout 20.2: Masters 55+
Women: 20-lb. DBs
Men: 35-lb. DBs
CrossFit Open Workout 20.2: Scaled Masters 55+
Women: 15-lb. DBs, sit-ups, single-unders
Men: 20-lb. DBs, sit-ups, single-unders
CrossFit Open Workout 20.2: Equipment & Gear
Your best bet is to use the jump rope you normally use – this isn’t the time to switch models.
Wrist bands to keep sweat away from your grip are useful as well.
For maintaining grip on the Toes to Bars:
If you use chalk, resist the urge to chalk too often this will waste time. See how little you can get away with.
Using tape on the pull-up bar might be a good idea for this workout.
This is a high number of reps for Toes to Bar – so hand grips can be helpful too. These don’t just provide grip, but also hand protection.
CrossFit Open Workout 20.2 Strategy Guide
Here’s some tips and tricks to get your best score possible:
- Perform a warm-up beforehand – but not too much
- Find a rhythm or pace and try to maintain it – this is a long workout – so don’t burn out in the first 5 minutes.
- Transitions are important – there are lots of them in this 20 minute workout – you want to minimize time moving from one “station” to the next – so keep your gear located close.
- Have a second jump rope or speed rope on standby – in case the first one breaks.
- Double or triple knot your shoelaces – jumping rope has a tendency to make knots come un-done.
- Chalk the pull-up bar – and use wrist bands to keep the sweat off your palms.
We’re a Rogue Fitness affiliate – so if you order equipment after clicking the links in this article we receive monetary compensation. But that’s not why we recommend Rogue. It’s because their equipment is tough, durable, well-made, and offers the “best of the best”. Their innovative designs and diversity of options make your training better – allowing you to reach your personal goals faster. And that’s why we love them.
- Some product imagery on this page is property of Rogue Fitness and provided by Rogue Fitness.
- This website is not affiliated or associated with CrossFit, Inc. CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit, Inc.